Wednesday, August 6, 2008

s'il vous plait etre le mien

Two cards left to play,
Two chances to make it right,
Lord help me find the way,
Help me find the perfect time.
The night embraces me each day,
Cold, long shadows in the dark,
Ever frightening, ever dreary,
Playing with my battered heart.
Peace is elusive, I cannot rest,
My mind in a scattered mess,
Finding every glimmer of hope,
Shunning all that put me to the test.
I will not falter, I will not fall,
A fool in-love ready to risk it all,
To find a ray of light at the bend,
To know how my story will end.
Pray my destiny meets good luck,
Pray that fate will be kind this time,
My last two turns to play the game,
Love, please let victory be mine.
About to reveal my last two cards, the final bet,
To love, to forever, to all that is left,
My heart in my hands, dignity in tatters,
Struggling to save what really matters.
Holding on to hope, grasping faith so tight,
Pushing against the tide with all my might,
Strength, do not leave me alone in this feat,
Heart, do not waver and tremble in defeat.
The crowd may shout for me to lose,
To throw all to the wind and turn my back,
The judges in this game may take his side,
But to the call of true love I shall abide.
I am down to my last two turns,
I may win or I may lose, only God can decide,
But as I lay down my cards, I lay down my heart,
No pride left, I give my all to the fight.
Last two chances to win back life,
Last two cards left for me to play,
Pray that forever will win in the end,
Pray what once was lost may find its way.
Pray love, in the end, will conquer all,
Pray faith in true love will never fall,
Pray the moon is right and the stars will align,
Pray at war’s end, my man will be mine.