Sunday, August 10, 2008

SOS

Someone to open the windows of my heart
and let the beautiful sunshine in,
Someone to open the door and guide me outside
to places that I have never been.

Someone to look straight into my eyes
and see what other people never see,
Someone to dry my tears and make me smile,
and let me be the person I want to be.

Someone to hold my hand while we walk,
and laugh heartily at my sills antics,
Someone to listen when I want to talk,
and whisper words all sweet and romantic.

Someone to fight with a few times in our life,
and we'll not talk for several days,
then look forward to all the making up,
and oh, he'll make up for it in so many ways.

Someone who'll proudly say he's with me
even if I'm not wearing my Sunday best,
someone who'll miss me every minute of every day,
think of me when he wakes up until he rests.

Someone who'll believe in my dreams and ideas,
and who'll stand by me when things are bad,
To be my loyal friend, an ally, a confidante,
to be the best lover I've ever had.

Someone who'll say my name like it's the most precious word,
and he'd never even picture a future apart,
Lord, send me this someone I know is out there,
that someone to mend my broken heart.